Governed by an expert Advisory Committee and managed by HCM Strategists, the Federal Financial Aid Advocacy (FFAA) Fund awards short-term grants of up to $200,000 each to support innovative, timely advocacy activity that activates diverse stakeholders and advances federal policymaking for financial aid programs—helping those connected to higher education to harness the power of persuasion.
Beyond creating effective messaging, materials, events and campaigns, the FFAA Fund aims to:
- Build unconventional partnerships of complementary skills and common purpose;
- Activate, amplify and empower new voices often missing from the debate; and
- Seed creative approaches to building will for change—thinking beyond traditional briefings and “Hill Day” visits.
Proposals must address one or more of the following strategies to improve the financial aid system’s ability to increase student access and success:
- FAFSA and program simplification
- Tax benefit simplification
- Institutional and student accountability
- Loan repayment
- State and federal partnership for aid